Tuesday 20 January 2009

Newsletter, Jan 09

Hi friends,

So here we are in 2009. I wish I could say that I wasn’t daunted, or that I was rearing to go, but unfortunately, I’m feeling, well, a little flat. Is that sacrilegious considering the year is but an embryo? I can’t help feeling that 2009 is going to bring an abundance of change my way, and I’ll let you in on a little secret: change is not one of Jenny’s friends. But we know that our attitudes and thoughts lead to our circumstances, so despite a gloomy economy and a majority pessimistic outlook, I’m looking up and beyond, thinking good things and investing in the knowledge that what goes down must come up!

I had a splendid holiday soaking up the Cape’s sun (sunblock and wide-brimmed hat on, of course), and am now sitting down to plan my year, plan production of best-seller styles and plan which fabrics I think will be winners. Sometimes, ladies, it feels much like roulette deciding which styles to buy and which styles I think you’ll buy!

My autumn/winter plans for 2009 (yes, the SA fashion industry is long past summer and thinking of May onwards!) include layering and more layering and a move away from the shopaholic fashionista to the spendthrift recessionista. Recycling styles and buying long-lasting classic basics is the name of my game this year! Cash in on the sales (FriendsWithJenny is 25% off everything!) and spend your bucks on cheaper fashion items and more pricey quality basics to see you through autumn and beyond!

Enjoy the rest of your January gals!

Love,

Jenny

No comments: